Victaulic Grooved System
Victaulic is the originator and world’s leading producer of mechanical pipe joining solutions and grooved pipe joining systems. Used in the most demanding markets, Victaulic innovative pipe fitting technologies and services put people to work faster while increasing safety, ensuring reliability and maximizing efficiency. Victaulic grooved couplings, grooved fittings and pipe connectors are at work in more than 140 countries across diverse business lines. Our pipe fitting solutions meet specific business needs such as accommodating thermal movement, providing seismic solutions, safer system installations, pipeline maintenance and installation, fire protection piping and noise and vibration attenuation.
- A complete system for versatile application areas such as plumbing, HVAC, Fire Protection, Municipal treatment, power plants, Industrial plants, oilfields and OEMS.
- A system fit for almost all types of pipe the grooved system is designed for roll grooved or cut grooved standard pipe or roll grooved light wall pipe.it can be utilized with serval pipe materials including carbon steel, aluminum, ductile iron, stainless steel, copper, PVC, HDP plastics, coated, lined and specialty pipes.
How do grooved couplings work?
The groove is made by cold forming or machining a groove into the end of a pipe. A gasket encompassed by the coupling housing is wrapped around the two pipe ends, and the key sections of the coupling housing engage the grooves. The bolts and nuts are tightened with a socket wrench or impact wrench. In the installed state, the coupling housing encases the gasket and engages the grooves around the circumference of the pipe to create a leak-tight seal in a self-restrained pipe joint.
- Victaulic has different types of couplings for different applications, The Standard coupling material is Ductile Iron and optional Galvanized, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Copper and AWWA available
- The Standard size range from 20 mm to 1050 mm
- There are two basic grooved couplings styles:
- Flexible grooved couplings: allow a limited amount of axial/angular movement
- Rigid grooved couplings: do not allow movement and can be used wherever immobility in the pipe joint is needed, similar to a flanged or welded joint.
Fittings are provided in various materials including ductile iron, steel or segmentally welded steel depending on styles and size. Fittings are painted orange enamel with a galvanized finish available as an option.
Victaulic fittings are designed specifically for use in grooved piping systems. Fittings are provided grooved conforming to standard steel pipe outside diameters.
Victaulic devices offer an ultra-fast trip time, due to the elimination of the air-to-water differential.
Dry, deluge and a range of Pre-action capabilities, all from a single valve design for ease of installation and maintenance.
- The compact trim and diaphragm design reduces the valve’s center-to-back take out distance up to a full 7″/178 mm when compared with competitive valves.
- A full range of accessories is also available.
Victaulic has a complete product range for HVAC valves from size 21/2” to 24”